- Adding Title and Body Text
- Entering Bulleted Text
- Entering Special Characters
- Adding Text Boxes
- Layering Text
- Formatting Text
- Modifying Text Color
- Removing Font Formatting
- Changing Text Alignment
- Creating Text Columns
- Using the Mini Toolbar
- Adjusting Text Spacing
- Copying and Pasting Font Formatting
- Setting Bullet and Number Styles
- Setting Text and Bullet Tabs
- Finding and Replacing Text
- Checking Your Spelling
Setting Bullet and Number Styles
The bullets that appear at the beginning of lines of bulleted text can be customized. You can mix different bullet styles within a group of bullets, and bullets can be either text characters or pictures.
Most of the time, you'll probably use the bullet styles that are part of the theme for the presentation, because those styles have been designed to match the look of the theme. But it's sometimes useful to customize bullets for particular slides. For example, on a slide that discusses financial matters, you could change the usual image bullets into dollar signs to emphasize your point.
To set bullet and number styles:
To apply a bullet or number style to an entire bulleted text box, click once in the box to select it.
To apply a bullet or number style to multiple lines inside a bulleted text box, select the lines.
To apply a bullet or number style to a single line, click twice to set the insertion point in the line.
- From Home > Paragraph > Bullets or Home > Paragraph > Numbering, choose the type of bullet or number style you want from the pop-up menu (Figure 4.40).
Figure 4.40 The Bullets (top) and Numbering (bottom) galleries.
(Optional) For additional customization, choose Bullets and Numbering from either of the Bullet or Numbering pop-up menus.
The Bullets and Numbering dialog appears (Figure 4.41).
Figure 4.41 You can further refine your bulleted or numbered lists with the Bullets and Numbering dialog.
- (Optional) To use a picture bullet, click the Picture button in the Bullets and Numbering dialog, then pick a bullet from the resulting Picture Bullet dialog. To use a different character bullet, click the Customize button in the Bullets and Numbering dialog, which brings up the Symbol dialog (Figure 4.10).