- Types of Frames
- Creating Basic Shapes
- Selecting Objects
- Moving Objects
- Replicating Objects
- Resizing Objects
- Using the Transform Tools
- Using the Transform Panel
- Using the Transform Commands
- Using the Arrange Commands
- Aligning Objects
- Grouping and Pasting Into Objects
- Using the Control Panel for Objects
- Using the Measure Tool
- Using the Info Panel with Objects
- Locking Objects
- Selecting Frames
There are several commands you can use to create duplicates of objects. Use the Copy command when you want to put the object on the clipboard so you can paste it somewhere else.
To copy objects:
- Select an object to copy.
- Choose Edit > Copy.
Use the Cut command to remove the object from the page so it can be pasted elsewhere.
To cut objects:
- Select an object to cut.
- Choose Edit > Cut.
Use the Paste command to see the contents of the clipboard.
To paste objects:
- Choose Edit > Paste. The contents of the clipboard appear in the center of the window area .
Choose Edit > Paste in Place. The contents of the clipboard appear in the same location on the page as when they were originally selected.
The Duplicate command makes a copy without changing the contents of the clipboard.
To duplicate objects:
- Choose the object to duplicate.
- Choose Edit > Duplicate. The selected object appears on the page slightly offset from the original .
You can also duplicate many objects at once.
To duplicate multiple objects:
- Choose an object.
- Choose Edit > Step and Repeat. The Step and Repeat dialog box appears .
- In the Repeat Count field, enter the number of duplicates that you want to create in the top row.
- In the Horizontal Offset field, enter a distance for the horizontal space between duplicates.
- In the Vertical Offset field, enter a distance for the vertical space between duplicates.
- If desired, check the Preview box to see how your settings affect the objects.
- Click OK. The selected object is duplicated in the desired positions .
Step and Repeat can also create a grid .
To create a grid of objects:
- Set the Step and Repeat dialog box as follows:
- In the Repeat Count field, enter the number of duplicates for the top row.
- Enter the distance for the Horizontal Offset with the Vertical Offset as zero.
- Click OK to duplicate the objects.
- Select all the objects in the row, and set the Step and Repeat dialog box a second time:
- In the Repeat Count field, enter the number for the additional rows.
- Enter a distance for the Vertical Offset, with the Horizontal Offset as zero.