- Working with the Project Panel
- Working with Project Panel Views
- Working with Icon View
- Working with List View
- Selecting Items in the Project Panel
- Using the Preview Area of the Project Panel
- Organizing Clips in Bins
- Creating Copies of Source Clips
- Finding Clips
- Interpreting Footage
- Unlinking and Relinking Media
- Using the Project Manager
Working with Project Panel Views
You can view the clips in the Project panel in two ways: as icons or as a list. In icon view, items in the Project panel are arranged in a grid (Figure 4.2). This view tends to take up more space, but it lets you lay out the items like photos on a table. You can also use icon view to create a kind of storyboard, which you can automatically assemble into a sequence using the Automate to Sequence feature, explained in Chapter 6, "Creating a Sequence."
Figure 4.2 In icon view, Project panel items are arranged in a grid.
In list view, items are listed with rows and columns of information, which can help you sort and organize your clips as shown in Figure 4.1. List view can show more items at once, and its columns are key to managing a large number of clips.
The next sections explain how to work with each view, so you can customize the Project panel for the task at hand.
To change the Project panel view:
- At the bottom of the Project panel, click the button that corresponds to the view you want to use (Figure 4.3).
Figure 4.3 Click the appropriate button at the bottom of the Project panel to switch views.
To toggle thumbnails in the Project panel:
- In the Project panel menu, choose Thumbnails > Off (Figure 4.4).
Figure 4.4 In the Project panel menu, choose Thumbnails > Off.
Figure 4.5 When Off is selected, items appear as icons.