- Working with the Project Panel
- Working with Project Panel Views
- Working with Icon View
- Working with List View
- Selecting Items in the Project Panel
- Using the Preview Area of the Project Panel
- Organizing Clips in Bins
- Creating Copies of Source Clips
- Finding Clips
- Interpreting Footage
- Unlinking and Relinking Media
- Using the Project Manager
Creating Copies of Source Clips
You can create a copy of any item in the Project panel using the Cut, Copy, Paste, and Duplicate commands. As you can guess by now, creating a copy of a clip doesn't create a new source media file; it only creates another reference to the same file.
To copy and paste clips:
- Select one or more clips (Figure 4.28).
Figure 4.28 Select the clips you want to copy.
- Do one of the following:
View the destination in the main clip area of the Project panel.
If necessary, open the destination bin.
- Choose Edit > Paste (Figure 4.30).
Figure 4.30 Navigate to a destination in the Project panel, and choose Edit > Paste.
- A duplicate of the clip appears in the selected destination. The clip uses exactly the same name as the original.