Enabling Back to My Mac
To use Back to My Mac, you must turn on this feature in the .Mac preferences pane. Follow these steps:
- Choose Apple > System Preferences.
- In the System preferences window that appears, click the .Mac icon to display .Mac preferences.
- If necessary, enter your Member Name and Password in the appropriate boxes to log in. (This shouldn’t be necessary; .Mac should keep you logged in on your computer.)
- Click the Back to My Mac button. If Back to My Mac is turned off, click the Start button. After a moment, the preferences pane indicates that it’s turned on, as shown in Figure 1.
- Follow steps 1–4 for each Mac for which you expect to use Back to
Figure 1 Back to My Mac options, with Back to My Mac turned on.