Rounding Up the Suspects
Converting a bitmap of letters and numbers into actual letters and numbers may result in items that can't be identified definitively, known as suspects. Here's how to fix the problem:
- Select Document > Recognize Text Using OCR > Find First OCR Suspect to open a dialog box in which Acrobat identifies suspect characters for you to confirm.
- Work through the suspects using several options:
- Select the text in the Suspect field and type the correct letters.
- Click Not Text when the suspect isn't a word at all.
- Click Find Next to go to the next suspect.
- Click Accept and Find to confirm the interpretation and go to the next suspect.
- Click Close to end the process.
Depending on the characteristics of the document's text, you may have to modify some conversion results, such as the font or character spacing, by using the TouchUp Text tool.