- Types of Frames
- Creating Basic Shapes
- Selecting Objects
- Moving Objects
- Replicating Objects
- Resizing Objects
- Using the Transform Tools
- Using the Transform Panel
- Using the Transform Commands
- Using the Arrange Commands
- Aligning Objects
- Smart Dimensions; Smart Spacing
- Grouping and Pasting Into Objects
- Using the Control Panel for Objects
- Using the Measure Tool
- Using the Info Panel with Objects
- Locking Objects
- Selecting Frames
Using the Info Panel with Objects
The Info panel also gives you information about the document, text, and placed images.
To see the document information:
- Location of the file on the computer.
- Last Modification date and time.
- Author as entered in the File Info (File > File Info) dialog box.
- File size.
To see the text information:
Place your insertion point inside a text frame.
- Characters in the frame or selection.
- Words in the frame or selection.
- Lines in the frame or selection.
- Paragraphs in the frame or selection.
To see the placed object information:
- Type of placed image.
- Actual ppi (points per inch) resolution of the image.
- Effective ppi resolution of the image if you have scaled the image in InDesign.
- Color Space of the image.
- ICC Profile (if applicable) may also be shown.