- "Where are the Item and Content tools?"
- "I see the picture box tools, but where are the tools for text boxes?"
- "I can't find text leading!"
- "Why do I always get the wrong font and size when I start typing?"
- "I can't click on master page items!"
- "How am I supposed to link text boxes together without a Link tool?"
- "Why does creating or editing a color or style affect objects on my page?"
- "How do I resize, color, or adjust pictures?"
- "How do I get rid of my guides?"
- "Where is that XPress feature I always use?"
“How do I get rid of my guides?”
In QuarkXPress, you can get rid of a guide by clicking on it and dragging it out of the document window. That won’t work in InDesign—the window just scrolls around. Instead, remember that InDesign treats guides just like page objects, so you can delete one by clicking on it and pressing the Delete key. You can even use Edit>Cut to put the guide on the clipboard if you want to paste it on another page.
To delete all the guides on your page or spread, first press Command-Option-G/Ctrl-Alt-G to select all the guides, then press Delete. Alternately, you can select Layout>Create Guides, turn on the Remove Existing Ruler Guides checkbox, and click OK.