Using Swatch Libraries
Rather than defining your own color mixtures, you can use the swatch libraries for professional color systems from companies such as Pantone or Trumatch. These color libraries usually have printed samples that you can refer to in order to see how the color will appear when printed.
To add colors from swatch libraries:
- Open the New Swatch dialog box or the Swatch Options dialog box.
- Choose one of the swatch libraries listed in the Color Mode list . This displays the colors in the library .
- Scroll through the library to select the color you want to add to your document.
Instead of scrolling through a long list, type the name or number associated with the color in the Swatch Library field.
You can use the swatch libraries to open color panels from other InDesign documents and Adobe Illustrator documents.
To import swatches from other documents:
- Choose Other Library from the Color Mode list .
- Navigate to select the InDesign or Illustrator document. The colors appear in the window.