- Flying Solo: Preparing the Project
- Creating Your Long Ago Text
- Building Your Opening Logo
- Animating Your Logo
- Flying Solo: Preparing Your Scrolling Text
- Making the Scrolling Text Scroll
- Changing the Speed
- Transforming the Shape of the Scrolling Text
- Animating the Scrolling Text
- Flying Solo: Adding the Star Wars Theme Music
- Flying Solo: Adding Some Project Polish
- Making Adjustments, Rendering, and Exporting
Animating the Scrolling Text
Now that your scrolling text looks like it should, let’s get it to behave correctly. To animate the appearance of the text scrolling off into space and getting smaller as it reaches the vanishing point, you use the same technique that you used with the “Clone Attack” logo, and again, you’ll make adjustments using keyframes.
Add the Effect and Adjust the Keyframes
- Select the scrolling text on the Scrolling Title track on the Timeline.
- Press Page Up or Page Down as needed to move to the head (start) of the clip.
- Click the Properties button to open the Properties view for the scrolling text, and then click the Show Keyframes button to reveal the workspace for keyframes, if it’s not already showing.
- In Properties view, click the triangle next to Motion to reveal the effect’s controls.
- Set the Scale to 200.0.
- Click the Toggle Animation button to turn on the animation functionality of Premiere Elements.
- Move the CTI to the end of the clip by pressing Page Down.
- Set the Scale to 0.0.