- Flying Solo: Preparing the Project
- Creating Your Long Ago Text
- Building Your Opening Logo
- Animating Your Logo
- Flying Solo: Preparing Your Scrolling Text
- Making the Scrolling Text Scroll
- Changing the Speed
- Transforming the Shape of the Scrolling Text
- Animating the Scrolling Text
- Flying Solo: Adding the Star Wars Theme Music
- Flying Solo: Adding Some Project Polish
- Making Adjustments, Rendering, and Exporting
Changing the Speed
The text is looking really good for the time that you can see it, which isn’t for long enough to appreciate the coolness of your work. You need to slow the whole thing down, and for this you use Time Stretch to increase the number of frames appearing over a much longer duration of time. Effectively, you are creating a slow motion of the title scroll.
Slow It All Down
- Right-click the Scrolling title clip and select Time Stretch from the contextual menu.
- In the Time Stretch dialog, click the link (chain) icon until it “breaks” to disconnect the speed from the duration.
- Click in the Speed field and type 6.25.
- Click in the Duration field and type 00;00;40;00.
- Click OK. You may want to zoom out on the Timeline to display the entire title.