- Taking On the New Tools
- Reason 1: Easier Item Manipulation
- Reason 2: Drag-and-Drop Text and Pictures
- Reason 3: Font Previews in Menus
- Reason 4: Hanging Characters
- Reason 5: Grids and Guides
- Reason 6: Updating Style Sheets
- Reason 7: Jump to Master Page
- Reason 8: Picture Resolution Display
- A New Way to Work
Reason 2: Drag-and-Drop Text and Pictures
The ability to drag text and picture files from the desktop to a layout definitely falls into the "it's about time" category. But it's here, and it's awesome. In fact, it can totally change the way you work, particularly if you have a second monitor. Simply position all the files you'll need for a layout on the desktop, and then drag them one by oneor all at onceonto the pasteboard or a page (see Figure 5). QuarkXPress creates the box and imports the contents for you. In addition to importing content with drag-and-drop, you can drag text boxes and picture boxes to the desktop for export.
Figure 5 Dragging a text file and picture file from the desktop to a layout.