- Choosing an Editor
- Starting pico and Dabbling with It
- Saving in pico
- Cutting and Pasting Text Blocks in pico
- Checking Spelling in pico
- Getting Help in pico
- Exiting pico
- Starting vi and Dabbling with It
- Saving in vi
- Adding and Deleting Text in vi
- Importing Files into vi
- Searching and Replacing in vi
- Exiting vi
- Starting emacs and Dabbling with It
- Using emacs Menus to Spell-Check
- Saving in emacs
- Exiting emacs
Wow! It's already time to exit emacs (Figure 4.21).
Figure 4.21 Use , to quit emacs.
To exit emacs:
Press to let emacs know that another command is coming, then to close. If you haven't saved your latest changes, emacs expects you to decide if you want to save or discard unsaved changes, as shown in Figure 4.20.