- What Is the 'Replicator' Effect?
- Filming Tips
- Step 1: Setting Up Your Project
- Step 2: Adding the Media to the Project and the Timeline
- Step 3: Creating a Clean Background and Cleaning the Scene
- Step 4: Marking the 'Appearing' Point for the Cup
- Step 5: Creating a Fading Mask
- Step 6: Adding the Beam of Shimmering Light
- Final Steps: Test Render and Add Sound
Step 1: Setting Up Your Project
To get started, you need to open Premiere Elements 7, create a new project, and set up the Timeline. These first steps are typical when starting any project.
Task: Set up a new project in Premiere Elements 7 by doing the following:
- If Premiere Elements 7 is not already running, launch it in the usual way.
- At the opening splash screen, select New Project.
- Create a project called Replicator_Effect (see Figure 1).
- When the Premiere Elements interface has finished loading, click the Timeline button to switch to the Timeline view (see Figure 2).
- Right-click the Timeline header Video 1 and select Rename from the contextual menu (see Figure 3). Assign the new name Main_Video (see Figure 4).
- Right-click in the Timeline header area and deselect Show Audio Tracks from the contextual menu (see Figure 5).
- Repeat step 5, renaming Video 2 as Mask and Video 3 as Beam (see Figure 6).