- Locating Actions to Do What You Want
- Inserting Actions into a Workflow
- Viewing an Action's Description
- Action Settings
- Action Options
- Deleting Actions
- Disabling Actions
- Moving Actions
- Copying Actions
- Renaming Actions
- Collapsing Actions
- Working with Input and Output Values
- Viewing Action Results as a Workflow Runs
Sometimes you want an action to stay put, but you need another copy of it elsewhere. You can do this by copying the action and then pasting it into the desired location in your workflow or even in a different workflow entirely.
Copying and relocating actions, method 1:
Select the action in the workflow area and choose Edit > Copy to copy the action to the clipboard (Figure 4.39).
Figure 4.39 Copying a selected action to the clipboard.
- Select the workflow in which you want to insert the copied action. You can use the same workflow or a different one.
Choose Edit > Paste (Figure 4.40).
Figure 4.40 Pasting an action into the currently selected workflow.
Automator pastes the action at the end of the workflow. If you pasted into the same workflow, the action now resides in two places.
Copying and relocating actions, method 2:
- Select the action in the workflow area.
While holding down the key, drag the action to the desired location.
Automator copies the action to that location (Figure 4.41).
Figure 4.41 Copying an action from one location to another.
Copying and relocating actions, method 3: