- Perspective Drawing
- Variable-Width Strokes
- New Bristle Brush and Other Brush Improvements
- Enhanced Strokes: Dashed-Line Adjustments, Precise Arrowheads
- Shape Builder Tool
- Multiple Artboard Enhancements
- Drawing Enhancements: Joining Paths, Select Behind, Draw Behind, Draw Inside
- Roundtrip Editing with Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
- Symbol Enhancements
- Crisp Graphics for Web and Mobile Devices
Roundtrip Editing with Adobe Flash Catalyst CS5
Flash Catalyst is an exciting new program that leverages the Flash platform to create fully-interactive projects without writing code. What does that mean to Illustrator users? You can use Illustrator CS5 to develop your ideas and design your interface, creating screen layouts and individual elements such as logos and buttons, and then open your Illustrator CS5 artwork in Flash Catalyst and add interactivity to your projectwithout writing a single line of code. Then you can take that artwork from Flash Catalyst, make edits and design changes directly in Illustrator, saving and updating in Flash Catalyst (see Figure 9).
Figure 9 The ability to bring Illustrator CS5 content to Flash Catalyst lets you get a jumpstart in Flash Catalyst.