- Formula Basics
- Summarizing Data Quickly
- Elements of Formulas
- Entering Formulas
- Determining the Order of Operations
- Understanding Cell References
- Using Cell References
- Understanding Comparison Operators
- Using Comparison Operators
- Understanding Functions
- Using Functions
- Copying and Moving Formulas
- Handling Errors
Summarizing Data Quickly
Numbers lets you select a block of cells and display pop-up summary statistics and a chart—no formulas needed.
To summarize data quickly:
- Tap to show the spreadsheet in full-screen view.
- Touch and hold any cell on a corner edge of the range that you want to summarize.
A yellow box appears around the cell.
- Drag in any direction to encompass the target cells.
As you drag, a summary window appears showing statistics for the selected cells .
- Do any of the following:
- To see a line chart of the selected cells, flick left-to-right in the summary window .
- To see summaries of other ranges, touch, hold, and drag across their cells.
- To return to normal view, double-tap anywhere on the sheet.