- Creating a Mesh Object from a Regular Pattern of Mesh Points
- Editing the Colors of a Gradient Mesh
- Moving the Points of a Gradient Mesh
- Adding or Deleting Points in a Gradient Mesh
- Distorting the Points of a Gradient Mesh
- Removing a Gradient Mesh from an Object
- Tips for Working with a Gradient Mesh
Removing a Gradient Mesh from an Object
So what happens if you want the shape and not the mesh applied to it? You can easily remove the mesh from an object by using this simple trick:
- Using the Selection tool, select the mesh object on the page.
- Choose Object > Path > Offset Path, and enter 0 (zero) for the Offset value (see Figure 12).
- This action will outline the object and typically create two objects that you need to separate by using the Selection tool. One object is still filled with a gradient mesh, and the other is a simpler path with no fill.
Figure 12 Removing a gradient mesh from an object.