Set the Animation Timing for a Spread
If you add more than one animation to a page or spread, the animations play in the order in which they were created, by default. You can change this order using the new Timing panel. The Timing panel allows you not only to change the order of the animations, but add delays to the animations, and even play animations you choose at the same time. Next, you will change the order in which the animations play on the spread.
- With several animations on a spread, open the Timing panel by choosing Window > Interactive > Timing.
- Double-click the name of an animation listed in the Timing panel. This will select the animation on the spread.
- Click and drag the bottom animation listed in the Timing panel to the top of the list. This order change will play the animations on the spread in the new order (see Figure 9).
- Select an animation name in the Timing panel and change the Delay value to 4 seconds. You can try any delay value you like. Preview the animations by clicking the Preview Spread button at the lower–left corner of the Timing panel. Notice that the animation you set the delay on is delayed in running in the Preview panel.
- Back in the Timing panel, select the same animation name, and set the Delay value back to 0 (zero).
- Shift–click the two animation names you created to select them both in the Timing panel. Click the Play Together button in the lower–right corner of the Timing panel. Test out the animation by clicking the Preview Spread button in the lower–left corner of the Timing panel. Notice that the animations play at the same time (see Figure 10).
In the Timing panel, notice the order of the animations. The top animation listed plays first. The name of the animations correspond to the name you set for each in the Animation panel, and only the animations on the spread currently displayed in the Document window are listed in the panel (see Figure 8).
Figure 8 Animations for the current spread in the Timing panel.
Figure 9 Change the order of the animations in the Timing panel.
Figure 10 Play animations together.