Customizing your PDF Portfolio
Acrobat Pro provides several options for customizing the look and feel of your PDF Portfolio. You’ll choose a layout and select a color scheme to create a more professional-looking document. You’ll also add a header with the company’s logo to finish the look.
Selecting a layout
Acrobat X Pro includes several layout options for PDF Portfolios. The layouts determine how component documents are displayed on the home page of the PDF Portfolio, and how the viewer navigates through the content. By default, the Click- Through layout is applied. You selected the Linear layout when you created the PDF Portfolio, but you can change your mind at any time. You’ll preview the available layouts and choose one for this PDF Portfolio.
- Select Click-Through in the Portfolio Layouts panel.
In the Click-Through layout, documents are displayed one at a time, in order, with a mini-navigator at the bottom of the screen that lets you select any document.
- Click Preview at the top of the application window to see how the layout appears to someone viewing the PDF Portfolio. Use the arrows to navigate through the documents.
- Click Edit in the PDF Portfolio toolbar at the top of the window to return to edit mode.
- Select each of the other layouts, clicking Preview each time, to see how they display the documents in this PDF Portfolio.
- Select Grid as the layout for this project. In the Grid layout, all the documents are visible in a grid.
Selecting a visual theme
You can further customize a PDF Portfolio by selecting which colors to use for text, backgrounds, and the cards that display component data. You’ll select a theme that is appropriate for the board-meeting packet.
- Open the Visual Themes panel. Modern is selected by default.
- Select each theme to see how it changes the look of the PDF Portfolio.
- Select Tech Office for this PDF Portfolio.
- Open the Color Palettes panel. Click each palette to view it applied to the PDF Portfolio. Select the one you like best. We selected the first one.
- Choose File > Save Portfolio.
Adding a header
You can also add a header to your PDF Portfolio. The header appears at the top of the layout. You can include text and a graphic in the header. You’ll add the company logo and the type and date of the meeting to the header.
- Click the empty area at the top of the PDF Portfolio. The Header Properties panel appears at the bottom of the Layout pane.
- From the Templates menu, choose Text And Image.
There are several header templates, including different text and graphic configurations.
- Click Add Image in the Header Items area of the Header Properties panel.
- Navigate to the Lesson07 folder, select Logo.gif, and click Open. The logo appears in the upper-left corner of the PDF Portfolio.
- Double-click the Add Text Here panel on the right side of the header.
- Type Aquo Board of Directors.
- Press Enter or Return, and type July 12, 2011.
- Select “Aquo Board of Directors.” In the Textfield Properties panel, change the font size to 22, click the Bold button; then click the color swatch, and select white for the text color.
- Select “July 12, 2011,” increase the font size to 18 points, click the Italic button, and select white for the text color.
- Click Preview to see the header at the top of the PDF Portfolio.
- Choose File > Save Portfolio to save the file.