- Top 10 Reasons to Build Online Businesses with Adobe Business Catalyst
- Benefit 1: No Server-Side Coding Required
- Benefit 2: All-in-One Solution
- Benefit 3: Build Sites That Allow Customers to Participate Online
- Benefit 4: Work Quickly and Efficiently, Anywhere You're Connected
- Benefit 5: Easy-to-Add Site Features
- Benefit 6: Secure and Scalable Platform
- Benefit 7: Design Sites Using Familiar Dreamweaver Capabilities
- Benefit 8: Secure Transactions
- Benefit 9: Promote Products and Services with Email Campaigns
- Benefit 10: Sign Up for a Free Account and Check Out the Service
Benefit 5: Easy-to-Add Site Features
With the included module-based toolkit, you can create, configure, and deploy dynamic websites. Add prebuilt site features, including ad rotators, photo galleries, and announcements. You can set up site-wide or content-specific search engines to ensure that site content is more discoverable. Site navigation is easy to create, by using dynamic menus that generate the links and update automatically when you add new pages.
The Bookings module, which provides optional capacity limits and automatic email reminders, lets you help businesses host special events and schedule services. The product's modular design enables you to create and insert functionality onto pages exactly where you want features to appear in the design (see Figure 5). Using the Admin Console interface, you can choose the attributes you want to enable, configuring the module to behave and appear as desired. The modules are built using standard code, so you don't need to rely on third-party plug-ins to ensure that site features work correctly across all browsers.
Figure 5 Choose from a set of features to add functionality to the site.