- Adding Text
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Text
- Dragging and Dropping Text
- Using Paste Special
- Applying Headings
- Applying Character Formats
- Applying HTML Text Styles
- Using Preformatted Text
- Adding Line Breaks
- Indenting and Aligning Text with HTML
- Working with Lists
- Inserting Special Characters
- Adding Automatic Dates
- Finding and Replacing
- Finding Text with a Simple Search
- Performing Advanced Text Searches
- Finding and Replacing in Source Code
- Finding and Replacing with a Specific Tag
- Using Regular Expressions for Searching
- Checking Spelling
Inserting Special Characters
You can add special characters, such as the Euro, copyright, or trademark symbol, to your page in Dreamweaver without having to remember their bizarre HTML equivalents or odd keyboard combinations. In Dreamweaver, relief is just a menu choice away.
To insert a special character:
- Click in the page to place the insertion point where you want the special character to appear.
- In the Text category of the Insert panel, choose the character you want from the Characters pop-up menu .
Insert unusual characters from the Characters pop-up menu in the Text category of the Insert panel.
Choose Insert > HTML > Special Characters, and then choose the special character you want from the submenu.
If the character you want doesn’t appear in the menu, choose Other Characters from the pop-up menu in the Insert panel or choose Other from the Insert > HTML > Special Characters submenu. The Insert Other Character dialog appears .
Click the character you want to use, and then click OK to close the dialog.
Dreamweaver inserts the special character on your page.