- FreeHand 9's Envelope Tool and Perspective Grid
- To remove an envelope from a graphic:
- To use a path as an envelope:
- To save a custom envelope:
- To delete an envelope preset:
- To paste an envelope as a path:
- To attach an object to the Perspective grid:
- To move an object on the Perspective grid:
- To set up the Perspective grid:
- To release objects from the grid:
- To remove objects from the grid:
To remove an envelope from a graphic:
Choose Window > Toolbars > Envelope to open the Envelope toolbar.
Select the path or text block you want to return to its standard form.
Click the Remove icon in the Envelope toolbar.
Click the Release icon to remove the envelope while leaving the distortion in place. A path will return to being a path; a text block will become a group and the individual letters will have been converted to paths (Figure 4).
Figure 4 Releasing the text block from the envelope leaves five separate paths.
To edit text within an envelope, Option/Alt double-click it to open the Text Editor. Make your changes and click OK to apply them. Unlike text changed to paths, text in an envelope remains editable.
You can also create custom envelope shapes from paths.