- Adding Text
- Cutting, Copying, and Pasting Text
- Dragging and Dropping Text
- Using Paste Special
- Applying Headings
- Applying Character Formats
- Applying HTML Text Styles
- Using Preformatted Text
- Adding Line Breaks
- Indenting and Aligning Text with HTML
- Working with Lists
- Inserting Special Characters
- Working with Font Styles
- Using Web Fonts
- Adding Automatic Dates
- Finding and Replacing
- Finding Text with a Simple Search
- Performing Advanced Text Searches
- Finding and Replacing in Source Code
- Finding and Replacing with a Specific Tag
- Using Regular Expressions for Searching
- Checking Spelling
Inserting Special Characters
You can add special characters, such as the Euro, copyright, or trademark symbol, to your page in Dreamweaver without having to remember their bizarre HTML equivalents or odd keyboard combinations. In Dreamweaver, relief is just a menu choice away.
To insert a special character
- Click in the page to place the insertion point where you want the special character to appear.
In the Common category of the Insert panel, choose the character you want from the Character pop-up menu .
Insert unusual characters from the Character pop-up menu in the Common category of the Insert panel.
Choose Insert > Character, and then choose the special character you want from the submenu.
If the character you want doesn’t appear in the menu, choose Other Characters from the pop-up menu in the Insert panel or choose Other from the Insert > Character submenu. The Insert Other Character dialog appears .
The Insert Other Character dialog provides the rest of the special characters Dreamweaver can insert.
Click the character you want to use, and then click OK to close the dialog.
Dreamweaver inserts the special character on your page.