- Getting started
- Editing photos in the Organizer
- Recognizing what your photo needs
- Making easy color and lighting adjustments
- Correcting photos in Quick edit mode
- Working with Auto Smart Tone
- Adjusting images in Guided edit mode
- Selective editing with the Smart Brush
- Working with camera raw images
- Review questions
- Review answers
Note: This excerpt does not include the lesson files. The lesson files are available with purchase of the book.
Explore the many powerful and versatile editing tools that make it easy to get more from your photos in Photoshop Elements—even if you’re a beginner. Start with a few of the easy-to-use, one-step image-correction features, and then experiment with some more advanced techniques, such as layering preset adjustments with the Smart Brush.
You’ll start by importing the sample images for this lesson to your CIB Catalog.
- Start Photoshop Elements, and click Organizer in the Welcome Screen. Check the lower-right corner of the Organizer workspace to make sure the CIB Catalog is loaded—if not, choose File > Manage Catalogs, and select it from the list.
- Click the Import button at the upper left of the Organizer workspace, and choose From Files and Folders from the drop-down menu. In the Get Photos and Videos from Files and Folders dialog, locate and select your Lesson 4 folder. Disable the automatic processing options; then, click Get Media.
- In the Import Attached Keyword Tags dialog, click Select All; then, click OK.