- Bring On the Art!
- Get Your Files Here
- Define the Chapter 4 Website
- Image File Formats for the Web
- Project 4.1 Prototyping and Designing with Background Images
- Project 4.2 Inserting and Editing Images
- Project 4.3 Floating Images into Position
- Project 4.4 Creating Structured Layouts with Images
- Project 4.5 Styling the Header Area
- Challenge! Create Your Own Design with Photoshop
Although the title of this chapter is “Getting the Big Picture,” it might as well have been named “Working with Backgrounds, Inserted Images, Named CSS Class Rules, and Dreamweaver Visualization Techniques.” Well, that’s a little long, but that’s just what you’ve accomplished as you’ve worked through these projects.
Along the way to learning how to use Dreamweaver to include the visual elements that images provide, you’ve also learned more about the principles of web design, how CSS styling rules are used to position elements on a page, and even how to style text using CSS and fonts that are located on a web service.
And the great news is that your design work is nearly complete. In the next chapter, you’ll work to get the final elements of this design wrapped up as you learn how to style navigation bars, tables, and more.