- Browsing Through Your Library
- Searching for Songs
- Sorting Songs
- Playing and Pausing Songs
- Moving Around in a Song
- Options for Playing Multiple Songs
- Accessing and Playing Podcasts
- Controlling Volume
- Listening to Radio Streams
- Viewing Artwork
- Accessing and Playing Video
- Rating Songs
- Sharing Your Music
- Playing Music from Others' Libraries
- Dealing with Firewalls
Accessing and Playing Video
We mentioned in Chapter 2 that you can have video files in your iTunes library; you can purchase video from the iTunes Music Store, and you can also add your own video content.
Videos are listed in your library just like songs, although you'll see a video icon to the right of the name of the file ( Figure 3.36 ).
Figure 3.36 Your iTunes library may include video items you can play just like other items.
You'll also find a special Videos playlist in your Source pane that displays thumbnails of the video items in your library ( Figure 3.37 ); you can change it to a normal list view by clicking the icon in the upper right of the window.
Figure 3.37 When you choose Videos as your source, the Detail pane shows video items in thumbnail view.
You can play the video (regardless of source or display method) using any of the techniques described earlier in this chapter for playing songs; the video plays in the Artwork pane by default (refer to Figure 3.36), but you can also see it in a separate window.
To play the video in a separate window with a controller:
- Play the video, and make sure the Artwork pane is showing (methods are covered in "Viewing Artwork"; previously in this chapter).
- Click the Artwork pane.
The video appears in a separate window with a standard movie controller (
Figure 3.38 If you click the Artwork pane when a movie is playing, the movie shows in a window with a standard movie controller.
To resize the video or play it full screen:
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) the video playing in a separate window and choose Half Size, Normal Size, Double Size, or Full Screen (
Figure 3.39 Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) to display this menu in a movie playing in a separate window.
- Click the Full Screen button (refer to Figure 3.36) when the video is playing in the Artwork pane.
- When a video is playing full screen, press the escape key or the space bar to return the video to its previous size.
To change the thumbnail image:
- Open the video in a separate window and show the image in the video you want as a thumbnail.
- Right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac) the video playing in a separate window and choose Set Poster Frame (refer to Figure 3.39)