Using Code Snippets
To insert a code snippet:
- In Code view, place the insertion point where you want to insert the snippet.
- From the Window menu, choose Snippets, or press Shift-F9.
The Snippets panel appears (
Figure 3.22 Access code snippets on the Snippets panel.
- Select a folder to access the snippets. For example, select the Accessible folder and then select the Headers folder.
- In the Headers folder, double-click the Text on Top snippet (
Figure 3.23 Double-click a snippet to add it to your page.
Figure 3.24 The Text on Top code snippet in the Headers folder is added at the insertion point.
To create a code snippet:
- On the Snippets panel, click the New Snippet button at the bottom of the panel (
Figure 3.25 Click the New Snippet button at the bottom of the Snippets panel to create a new snippet.
- In the Name field, enter a name for the snippet (
Figure 3.26 Creating a new snippet in the Snippet dialog.
- In the Description field, enter an optional description of the snippet.
- Select the Wrap Selection radio button to insert two blocks of code, one before and one after a tag on the page. Or select the Insert Block radio button to insert a single block of code.
- If you chose the Wrap Selection option in the previous step, enter your code in the Insert Before and Insert After fields (
). If you chose Insert Block, enter your code in the Insert Code field.
Figure 3.27 Enter your code if you chose Wrap Selection in Step 4.
- To select the format for previewing your snippet, select the Design or Code radio button in the Preview Type section.
- Click OK to save your snippet and close the Snippets dialog. A preview of the snippet is displayed (in Code or Design view) on the Preview pane of the Snippets panel, directly above the Snippets folders.