Working in Edit View of Adobe Audition 2.0
The Edit View allows you to view and edit audio files in a waveform display. Editing is simple with Audition’s selection tools, allowing you to cut, copy, mix and trim audio clips with precision. Effects such as Normalize, Reverb, and Stereo Field Rotate can easily be applied and also saved as favorites. The Preroll and Postroll Preview makes working with effects easier than ever.
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to do the following:
- Use the Edit View.
- Select and edit waveforms.
- Combine audio clips.
- Apply effects and save them as favorites.
In this lesson, you’ll work with a series of files in the Edit View. If you have not already copied the resource files for this lesson onto your hard disk from the Adobe Audition 2.0 Classroom in a Book CD, do so now. See “Copying the Classroom in a Book files” on page 2.
- Start Adobe Audition. Click the Multitrack View button if it is not already selected.
- Choose File > Open Session, and open the 03_start.ses file located in the AA_03 folder, in the AA_CIB folder on your hard disk. Click the Zoom Out Full Both Axes tool () to view all tracks in the session.
- Choose File > Save Session As, and name the file 03_EditView.ses, and save it in the AA_03 folder on your hard disk.
This session is the same one you worked with in Lesson 2. In this lesson, you will be working primarily in the Edit View.
- To review the finished session file for this lesson, choose File > Open Session. Open the 03_end.ses file in the AA_03 folder, which is located within the AA_CIB folder on your hard disk.
- Press the Home key on your keyboard and then play the session file by either clicking the Play button () in the Transport panel or pressing the spacebar on your keyboard.
- When you are ready to start working, close the 03_end.ses file by choosing File > Close All. Then, choose File > Open Session to re-open the 03_EditView.ses file.