- Apple Certified Desktop Technician and Apple Certified Portable Technician
- AppleCare Technician Training Package
- Apple Certified Help Desk Specialist
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
- Apple Certified Systems Administrator
- Apple Certified Trainer
- Apple Consultants Network and Certification Alliance
- Apple Pro Application Certifications
- Non-Apple Certifications of Interest to Mac Technology Professionals
Apple Certified Trainer
The Apple Certified Trainer program is designed for those individuals who want to teach Apple training curricula. It is a required certification if you want to teach at an Apple Certified Training Center. Training classes offered by Apple Certified Trainers and Training Centers are listed on the Apple Training website.
If you are a technical trainer interested in teaching official Apple courses, this certification is a requirement. However, it is also a powerful certification if you simply have an interest in working as a trainer with a non-Apple facility or consultant because it establishes your credibility not only as a Macintosh technology expert but also as a trainer.
The Apple Certified Trainer program is more extensive than a technical certification program. To qualify, you must submit an application to the program, attend special train the trainer classes, and demonstrate your ability to teach an Apple course. You are also required to pass a background check and are expected to lead an evaluation class. For each course that you want to teach, you also need to pass the appropriate certification exam with an instructor level score. This is a higher score than is required to achieve the related certification and demonstrates that you have a complete understanding of the material that you will be teaching.