- Apple Certified Desktop Technician and Apple Certified Portable Technician
- AppleCare Technician Training Package
- Apple Certified Help Desk Specialist
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator
- Apple Certified Systems Administrator
- Apple Certified Trainer
- Apple Consultants Network and Certification Alliance
- Apple Pro Application Certifications
- Non-Apple Certifications of Interest to Mac Technology Professionals
Apple Pro Application Certifications
The Apple Certified Pro program is designed to address Apple’s lineup of pro-level applications, including Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, Motion, Shake, Logic, and Aperture. Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, and Logic offer various levels of certification. Although these programs are meant more for creative professionals who work with the related applications, they might also be of interest to technology professionals—particularly those working in the media field (because they demonstrate knowledge of the products that will be supported in addition to a more general knowledge indicated by a technology certification).
However, the Pro certification exams of most interest to IT professionals are the two technical certifications that apply to Final Cut Pro. These certifications cover how to optimize a workstation and network for video production and how to manage an Xsan environment for video work.
Level one Pro certification can be achieved solely by passing the appropriate exam. Higher levels of certification require attending instructor-led training classes as well as passing the appropriate exams. For many of the level-one exams, the Apple Training Series includes books that cover the curriculum of the class.