NEW! ADOBE CC (2019 RELEASE)
Pre-order and save 35% on books and eBooks to help you learn to use Adobe's key creative products.
Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
This week, I’ll be providing some examples of workflows built with Office 2008’s new Automator actions. Today, I’ll focus on Entourage. The following workflow will create a video greeting, using QuickTime Pro (NOTE: this won’t work with the basic QuickTime Player), and attach it to an outgoing Entourage message, which you can then address and send.
To build the workflow, locate the following actions in Automator, drag them to the workflow area, and configure them as shown. If you have any trouble, don’t worry. You can download the completed workflow here.
1. New Video Capture (in the Movies or QuickTime Player category)
2. Start Capture (in the Movies or QuickTime Player category)
3. Wait for User Action (in the Utilities or Automator category)
4. Stop Capture (in the Movies or QuickTime Player category)
5. Create New Entourage Mail Message (in the Mail or Microsoft Entourage category)
6. Quit Application (in the Files & Folders or Finder category)