- Featured Columnists
Table of Contents
- Web Basics
- Publishing on the Web: Putting Files on the Server
- Web Design Process and Workflow
- Project Management
- Mark My WWWord: HTML and XHTML
- Standards Compliance
- Meta Tags and Search
- Enhancing Web Page Interaction
- Web Graphics
- Web Page Optimization
- Overview of Servers
- Server Programming Basics
- Careers in Web Design
- Intellectual Property for Web Designers
Last updated Oct 17, 2003.
By Molly Holzschlag
Multimedia is an important part of many Web projects. But, multimedia can and does introduce issues in terms of plug-in support, browser support, and accessibility concerns. As with anything on the Web, the first question one must ask is whether adding multimedia is really the best choice for the particular site in question.
If the answer is a resounding "Yes!," then understanding a bit about how multimedia is best used on the Web is imperative. This section will get you going.