Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
Want to make more professional soundtracks for your films right now, but don’t want a 1,000-page tome? Check out the Peachpit’s new Short Cuts! ! Quick PDF guides that are...Smart...Handy...Concise.
This mini guide covers exactly what you need to know about planning and getting professional sound quality in every film project and shoot. New to filmmaking? No problem. Written in an easy-to-read, non-technical style, this guide gives you all the information, tips, and techniques you need to start making top-notch soundtracks in no time. You’ll learn about:
• Capturing realistic sound on set
• Making the most of your film crew
• Selecting professional microphones
• Tools for controlling and capturing sound
• And more!
1. All You Can Achieve with Digital Video.
2. Yes, You Need a Script.
3. DV Technology and the Camcorder.
4. Using Your Camcorder Like a Pro.
5. Shots and Shot Plans.
6. Lighting for DV.
7. Sound on the Set.
9. On the Set.
10. In the Cutting Room.
11. Polishing Sound and Images.
12. Distribution and E-Publishing.
13. Coming Attractions.
Appendix A. Digital Video Technology in Depth.
Appendix B. Selecting and Building an NLE System.
References and Web Links.