- Copyright 2008
- Dimensions: 9 X 9
- Pages: 224
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-50986-2
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-50986-4
Wouldn’t it be great if you could have one of the world’s most sought-after Photoshop teachers sitting next to you as you navigate through the infinite possibilities of your digital photographic darkroom, especially with a tool as deep and as complex at Photoshop? How to Wow: Photoshop CS3 for Photography is the next best thing. It’s the brainchild of Photoshop Hall-of-Famer Jack Davis, world-renowned author and educator, and award-winning designer and photographer, who has developed invaluable methods to help you reach your full creative and craftsmanship potential. In this gorgeous full-color book, Jack guides you step-by-step through real-world projects, with an emphasis on uncompromising quality, last-minute flexibility, and go-home-at-night speed! You’ll receive tips and techniques on everything from streamlining your workflow in Bridge to hand-tinting an antique look, to optimizing and enhancing an entire photo shoot automatically (and nondestructively) in Adobe Camera Raw! Whether it’s optimizing the color and tone of your image, retouching cosmetic undesirables, or creating classic sepia color treatments, you’ll receive the tools at every stage of the creative process in order to learn How to Wow! Jack begins with the essentials of workflow (including color management, Bridge file-organization, and instant Camera Raw optimization), and continues with targeted adjusting and optimizing and retouching and repairing in Photoshop. Finally, Jack rounds it out with the fun stuff—projects that focus on enhancing and exaggerating aspects of your photos for maximum impact.
Bonus CD, included with the book, contains all the images you’ll need to follow along with each project!
How to Wow Topics Include:
- Camera and Computer Workflow: From Camera settings to using Calibrated Profiles to Soft Proofing and Print Previewing in CS3.
- Bridge and Camera Raw Workflow: Organizing and Processing your plethora of images in Bridge, and using the power of Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) to blaze through Optimizing dozens of photographs at once.
- Smart Non-destructive Workflow: Between ACR’s prowess and CS3’s Smart Filter technology you may rarely need to “push pixels” again!
- Selecting Tips and Techniques: Whether it’s the new Quick Select and Refine Edge tools or masking secrets that have been available for years, you will be selecting quickly and easily in no time.
- Color and Tone Optimizing: Sometimes you can’t tweak an image enough in ACR. Instead, use the power of CS3’s Curves and Masks for Color Correction and “Smart” nondestructive Dodging and Burning!
- Enhancing Can Begin in Camera Raw! Correct everything in ACR from Color and Tone (with Jack’s Four-Step Tango Fix) to instant Special Effects.
- Skin Softening, Portrait Patching, and Wrinkle Reduction: Skin Softening, Unifying Color, Problem Patching, Wrinkle Reduction and Skin and Glasses Glare Removal, even Selective Body Reshaping.
- Enhancing Eyes, Teeth, Hair, and Lips: Quick Color and Tone Enhancing, along with Selective Sharpening and some essential “Hollywood Glow“ effects can instantly turn a good shot into a great portrait.
- Retouching, Replacing, Removing, and Repairing: When one shot just won’t convey the whole story, it’s time for combining different images to make the perfect picture – from Group Portraits to Epic Panoramas.
- Enhancing Edge, Glow, Density, and Focus Effects: Creating everything from Illustrative HDR Edge effects, Diffused Glows to Graduated Neutral Density Gradients and Artistic Texture Overlays.
- Black & White, Tinting, and Hand Coloring: These techniques are some of the best (and easiest) methods to turn a “seen-it-before” picture into a fine-art print. And how you do it makes all the difference!