Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web, Adobe Reader, 2nd Edition
- By Christina Wodtke, Austin Govella
- Published Feb 16, 2009 by New Riders. Part of the Voices That Matter series.
- Copyright 2009
- Dimensions: 7 X 9
- Pages: 312
- Edition: 2nd
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-59198-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-59198-2
Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Information Architecture: Blueprints for the Web, Second Edition introduces the core concepts of information architecture: organizing web site content so that it can be found, designing website interaction so that it's pleasant to use, and creating an interface that is easy to understand. This book helps designers, project managers, programmers, and other information architecture practitioners avoid costly mistakes by teaching the skills of information architecture swiftly and clearly.
Table of Contents
1. First Principles
2. Balancing Acts–Users, Technology, and Business
3. Sock Drawers and CD Racks–Everything Must Be Organized
4. A Bricklayer's View of Information Architecture
5. Search and Ye Shall Find
6. From A to C by Way of B
7. From Box to Page
8. The Tao of Navigation
9. Architecting Social Spaces
10. All Together Now
11. And in the End
eBook (Adobe DRM)
This eBook requires the free Adobe® Digital Editions software.
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID. If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Also available in other formats.
Get unlimited online access to thousands of training resources on creative topics. You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.