Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
Get up to speed quickly with this accessible new guide on QuarkXPress 8 for both print and Web workflows. QuarkXPress experts Kelly Kordes Anton and John Cruise provide the essential techniques that you need in an easy-to-use format. From the basics of creating new layouts to using QuarkXPress’s superior typographic tools, this book covers the primary features for graphic designers and Web publishers—whether new to the program or returning again. Expert tips and the most efficient approach for your real-world workflow demands make this book a valuable resource.
• Setting up your workspace, tools, and palettes to increase productivity
• Creating new projects, including managing layouts within projects
• Producing professional type with hanging punctuation, OpenType, and expert built-in hyphenation and justification options
• Editing images, creating drop shadows, and working with transparency
• Building tables, creating and applying color, and using master pages
• Outputting for print, PDF, Web, and Flash
1. Projects and Layouts
Appendix: Retraining QuarkXPress 4–7 Users
ONE MONTH ACCESS!
Get unlimited 30-day access to thousands of Books & Training Videos about technology, professional development and digital media If you continue your subscription after your 30-day trial, you can receive 30% off a monthly subscription to the Safari Library for up to 12 months.