Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Real World Mac Maintenance and Backups
- This product currently is not for sale.
eBook (Adobe DRM)
- Your Price: $19.19
- List Price: $23.99
- About Adobe DRM eBooks
- Install the free Adobe Digital Editions software on your machine. Adobe Digital Editions only works on Macintosh and Windows, and requires the Adobe Flash Player. Please see the official system requirements.
- Authorize your copy of Adobe Digital Editions using your Adobe ID (select AdobeID as the eBook vendor). If you don't already have an Adobe ID, you can create one here.
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
- Copyright 2007
- Dimensions: 7-1/2 X 9-1/8
- Pages: 240
- Edition: 1st
- ISBN-10: 0-321-49218-8
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-49218-0
- eBook (Adobe DRM)
- ISBN-10: 0-321-48923-3
- ISBN-13: 978-0-321-48923-4
Are you making reliable backups and performing regular maintenance on your Mac? Too few Mac users take the time to do so, and they regret it when something goes wrong. That's where Macintosh expert Joe Kissell can help. You'll learn how to keep your Mac running smoothly with a set of daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks, plus get advice on preparing for Mac OS X updates. You'll also find out how to monitor your Mac to detect problems early and where to turn if trouble raises its ugly head.
But the most important aspect of maintenance is a rock-solid backup strategy that protects all your important data in the event of catastrophe. To that end, Joe provides an at-a-glance comparison of different strategies, explains the pros and cons of each type of media, and helps you pick the best backup program for your needs. You'll find time-tested recommendations that help you set up, test, and maintain your backups, complete with instructions on how to restore after a crash. Important lessons you'll learn along the way include the utility of having both a duplicate and an archive, the necessity of testing backups, and the importance of offsite backups.
In this book you'll find the answers to questions like these:
- When is my Mac likely to have trouble?
- How can I find out which unnecessary files are taking up space on my disk?
- Should I defragment my hard disk and repair permissions regularly?
- What is the best backup software and hardware?
- How can I make sure I can restore from my backups?
TRIAL WITH PURCHASE!
By completing any purchase on Peachpit, you get unlimited 15 day access to thousands of Training Resources on creative topics You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.
Other Things You Might Like
- Mastering Xcode: Develop and Design, 2nd Edition
- Book $39.99