Register your product to gain access to bonus material or receive a coupon.
Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works, 2nd Edition
- Your Price: $36.00
- List Price: $45.00
- Usually ships in 24 hours.
- NEW—Updated and revised—Includes new chapters on Web typography and other forms of online text display.
- Provides students with the most elegantly presented material on the evolution of typography.
- Industry-leading Author—Erik Spiekermann co-wrote the best-selling first edition of this book. He also wrote Rhyme and Reason: A Typographic Novel and has written many articles on typography. He is an internationally renowned graphic designer, founder of Metadesign, and the designer of the FF Meta and ITC Officina typefaces, among others. He lives in Berlin, Germany. E.M. Ginger is a writer and editor who has worked with type and typography for decades. She lives in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Industry-leading teachers, writers, and designers provide students with expert, professional instruction and advice.
- Copyright 2003
- Dimensions: 5-1/2 X 8-1/2
- Pages: 192
- Edition: 2nd
- ISBN-10: 0-201-70339-4
- ISBN-13: 978-0-201-70339-9
An updated new edition of the classic guide to typography.
A unique, entertaining, and educational tour through the most basic unit of human communication: type. This book, a perennial seller since 1993, draws in the reader with its beautiful design and layout, making liberal use of more than 200 illustrations and photographs. The author explains in everyday layman's terms what type is and how you can use it to enhance legibility, meaning, and aesthetic enjoyment. This edition is revised and updated to include new chapters on Web typography and other forms of online text display.
Table of Contents
1. Type Is Everywhere.
2. What Is Type?
3. Looking at Type.
4. Type with a Purpose.
5. Type Builds Character.
6. Types of Type.
7. How It Works.
8. Putting It to Work.
9. There Is No Bad Type.
10. Final Form.
TRIAL WITH PURCHASE!
By completing any purchase on Peachpit, you get unlimited 15 day access to thousands of Training Resources on creative topics You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.
- Request an Instructor or Media review copy.
- Corporate, Academic, and Employee Purchases
- International Buying Options
Other Things You Might Like
- Stop Stealing Sheep & Find Out How Type Works, Third Edition, 3rd Edition
- eBook (Watermarked) $25.59