Publishers of technology books, eBooks, and videos for creative people
Adobe® Digital Editions software.This eBook requires the free
Before downloading this DRM-encrypted PDF, be sure to:
&> —Frank Maddocks, President, Maddocks & Company
This comprehensive guide includes everything designers need—besides talent—to turn their artistic success into business success. You’ll find information on key issues facing designers from freelancing to the management of established design firms. A strong visual focus and to-the-point text take the fear factor out of learning about thorny business realities like staffing, marketing, bookkeeping, intellectual property, and more. These smart business practices are essential to success in graphic, Web, and industrial design. Here are just a few of the things you’ll learn:
• How to get on the right career path
• How to market your services successfully
• The best way to determine pricing for your services
• How to avoid common legal pitfalls
• How to structure projects for success
• The secrets of successful teams
• How to sustain your business long-term
Talent Is Not Enough provides a big-picture context for these and other challenges and shares practical, real-world advice. The book is destined to become an essential resource for both students and working professionals in these areas and more:
• Design planning and strategy
• Corporate identity development
• Marketing communications
• Publication and editorial design
• Brand identity and packaging design
• Advertising and promotion design
• Motion graphics
• Environmental design
• Industrial design
• Interaction design
Talent Is Not Enough is an AIGA Design Press book published under Peachpit's New Riders imprint in partnership with AIGA.
Watch for free chapters online!
TRIAL WITH PURCHASE!
By completing any purchase on Peachpit, you get unlimited 15 day access to thousands of Training Resources on creative topics You will also get a discounted rate of just $17.99/month if you decide to continue with a paid subscription.