You can create multiple copies of tracks in a session, which lets you use the original as a guide while editing or mixing the copies.
In the Duplicate Tasks dialog, you can choose to copy data associated with the original track, as follows:
- Active Playlist copies only the Edit playlist currently displayed on the original track.
- Alternate Playlists copies all Edit playlists in the original track.
- Automation copies all track automation data from the original track.
- Inserts copies all insert assignments, associated plug-ins, and plug-in settings from the original track.
- Sends copies all send assignments and settings from the original track.
- Group assignments copies all group assignments, which adds the copied track to the same groups as the original track.
To duplicate tracks:
- Select the track or tracks to duplicate.
Choose Track > Duplicate.
The Duplicate Tracks dialog appears (Figure 4.42).
Figure 4.42 To duplicate tracks, choose Track > Duplicate to access the Duplicate Tracks dialog.
- Select the attributes you want to include in the duplicate tracks.
- If you are duplicating more than one track, do one of the following:
To locate all duplicate tracks after the last selected track, select "Insert after last selected tracks."
To locate duplicate tracks next to each selected track, deselect "Insert after last selected tracks."
- Click OK.