- Locating Actions to Do What You Want
- Inserting Actions into a Workflow
- Viewing an Action's Description
- Action Settings
- Action Options
- Deleting Actions
- Disabling Actions
- Moving Actions
- Copying Actions
- Renaming Actions
- Collapsing Actions
- Working with Input and Output Values
- Viewing Action Results as a Workflow Runs
Viewing an Action's Description
Each Automator action has a description that provides an overview of the action, the types of input the action accepts, the types of output the action produces, and more—a treasure trove of information for any Automator user. You can view an action's description in the Library list or in the workflow area.
To view the description of an action in the Library list:
- In the Library list, select the action you want to view to see its description in the workflow window's lower-left corner (Figure 4.15).
Figure 4.15 Viewing the description of the Create Archive action in the Library list.
To view the description of an action in the workflow area: