Creating a Smart Album from a Map
Now that you have tagged all your photos with location information, you can create geography-based Smart Albums.
- From the Library inspector, select the Places view.
- From the Path Navigator pop-up menus, click the Home button to see the entire world map.
- Command-drag a selection rectangle around the pins located in the western United States. This scales the map to show only that area.
- From the Action pop-up menu at the bottom of the map, choose New Smart Album from View.
- In the Library inspector, type Western US as the name of the new Smart Album.
- In the toolbar, click the Places button to see a map of all the locations for images taken in the Western US if necessary.
In the future, if you add any images to your library that fall within the region defined for that Smart Album, they automatically will be added to that Smart Album. If you want to narrow your Smart Album to a specific state or city, you can use the Smart Album’s Smart Settings HUD.
- Click the Smart Album’s Smart Settings HUD.
The Area checkbox sets your criteria to include images that fall within the area viewed in the map.
- Deselect the Area checkbox.
- From the Add Rule pop-up menu, choose Place, and select the Place checkbox.
- In the Place field, type California to narrow the geographical area for this Smart Album.
- Close the Smart Album’s Smart Settings HUD.