Web Design & Development
This chapter is from the book
- What is the purpose of the website? Who is the audience? How did they get here? These questions, and their answers, are essential in helping you develop the design, content, and strategy of your site.
- Thumbnails and wireframes are quick techniques for roughing out the design and structure of your site without having to waste lots of time coding sample pages.
- Mobile device users are one of the fastest growing demographics on the web. Many visitors will use a mobile device to access your website on a regular basis or exclusively. Webpages designed for desktop computers often display poorly on mobile devices, making the websites difficult or impossible to use for these mobile visitors.
- Using Photoshop, Illustrator, or Fireworks, you can produce page designs and mockups much faster than when designing in code with Dreamweaver. Designs can even be exported as web-compatible graphics that can be viewed in a browser to get client approvals.
- Adobe Generator allows you to export site image assets quickly from Photoshop mockups, allowing you to produce multiple sizes and versions of each asset.