On Your Own
One of the best ways to learn about frames is to experiment on your own. In this section, you will learn how to nest an object inside a shape you create. Follow these steps to learn more about selecting and manipulating frames:
- Using the Direct Selection tool (), select and copy any image on page 4 or 5.
- To create a new page, choose Insert Pages from the Pages palette menu and then click OK.
- Use the Polygon tool to draw a shape on the new page (use any number of sides and any value for the star inset). Select the shape using the Direct Selection tool, and then choose Edit > Paste Into to nest the image inside the frame. (If you choose Edit > Paste, the object will not be pasted inside the selected frame.)
- Use the Direct Selection tool to move and scale the image within the frame.
- Use the Direct Selection tool to change the shape of the polygon frame.
- Use the Selection tool () to rotate both the frame and the image. Use the Direct Selection tool to rotate only the image within the frame.
- When you are done experimenting, close the document without saving.