Removing Red Eye
Red eye often occurs in images when using a flash in lower-light conditions. Although there are several adjustments that can be made during the shooting stage to eliminate or reduce red eye, it will still occur in certain situations. Fortunately, Aperture makes red eye removal easy.
- In the Browser, select the image Kids 1.
- Press Z to view the image at 100%.
- Hold down the spacebar, then drag to pan the image so you can see both eyes.
- Select the Red Eye tool in the tool strip.
The pointer changes to a target, and the Red Eye HUD opens to help you control the Red Eye adjustment.
- In the Red Eye HUD, set the radius to 35.
- Click the eye on the left with the Red Eye tool to remove the red eye.
- Click the right eye with the Red Eye tool to remove the red eye.
- Repair the images Kids 2 and Kids 3 using the same techniques.