- When privacy matters
- For your eyes only
- Clear the decks for weekend fun
- Give pic files unique weekend names
- Find your way anywhere
- Weekend answer man = Google txt
- What are you doing now? Twitter.com
- Meet up. Dodgeball.com
- Social networking. Bluepulse.com
- Social banking. PayPal.com
- Choose an accessory color
- Shop without the drop
- Follow the weekend's sports
- Be your band's groupie
- Directions to the next party
- Interrupting yourself with a fake call
- Check your lipstick and discreet pics
- Find something fast
- Find a movie, reserve a ticket
- Create and beam a discreet profile
- Get a reminder to place a call
- Find the next hot spot with Yelp
- Strike up a conversation
- Being spontaneous
- Night lights
Be your band’s groupie
Whether it’s your band or your friend’s band—you have the perfect device for taking pictures, recording, downloading MP3s, and scheduling gigs. Update and keep the band’s MySpace pages active and graphic. And if you’re a musician, don’t forget to keep your lyrics at arms’ reach on your Centro smartphone—it’s a perfect place to review them before going on stage.
Need the lyrics for a gig, or to understand what they are singing? Browse to lyrics.twilightwap.com. Submit new lyrics from your band or your favorite song. Try playing the song on pTunes and reading the lyrics here at the same time.
For musicians only
This old Palm app still works and it’s a marvel of programming: Chocopoolp is a portable sequencer and sampler. Go to chocooolp.com and download a trial. Be sure to read the manual because it can do some amazing things.
- When taking photos in dark places, especially stages, point your camera at the set for just a moment to adequately gauge the light setting. Watch the screen to see if it’s good enough for a pic or video.
- Have PDF or DOC files stored on your device about your band and its rates and availability, ready to email to prospective clients you might meet at a gig.
Need guitar chords? Try chordie.com. It will sense your mobile phone and optimize pages, however the actual chord pages are better when viewed in Wide Page format (Menu + W).