Using the Smooth Tool
Once you have created a path, you may want to delete extra points so that the path is smoother.
To smooth paths with the Smooth tool:
- Select the path that you want to smooth.
- Click the Smooth tool in the Tools panel .
- Press and drag the Smooth tool along the path.
- Release the mouse. The path is redrawn with fewer points .
You can change how the Smooth tool responds to the movements of the mouse as you drag.
To set the preferences for the Smooth tool:
- Double-click the Smooth tool in the Tools panel to open the Smooth Tool Preferences dialog box .
- Use the slider or field to set the Fidelity amount. The lower the amount, the more the new path will follow the original path.
- Use the slider or field to set the Smoothness amount. The higher the setting, the more curved the path.
- Check Keep Selected to keep the path selected after you have smoothed it. This makes it easier to increase the smoothness of the path.