- Step 1: Open iMovie
- Step 2: Import Video Clips
- Step 3: Create a New Project in iMovie
- Step 4: Name and Save Your Project
- Step 5: Turn on Advanced Tools and Snap to Beat
- Step 6: Place a Song in the Project
- Step 7: Add Markers to the Soundtrack
- Step 8: Insert Video Clips at the Markers
- Step 9: Mute the Audio of the Inserted Video Clips
- Step 10: Fine-Tune the Video Project
- Final Notes
Editing movies is really fun, especially when it's this easy to make what used to be considered complex edits. One side-effect of using iMovie is that you become aware of all the cool video shots you miss every day. For this reason, I carry a tiny, inexpensive Flip minoHD video camera with me almost everywhere I go. If I'm on a fun trip and I know I'll be shooting video, I pack a small Canon Vixia HG10 camcorder, because it has a viewfinder (for better viewing in bright sunlight) and a powerful zoom lens. Otherwise, I keep the Flip handy for capturing unplanned video moments.
Enjoy making music videos!