Review and Pursue
If you have any problems with the review questions or the pursue prompts, turn to the book’s supporting forum (www.LarryUllman.com/forum/).
- What are the four primary arithmetic operators?
Why will the following code not work:
print "The total is $$total";
What must be done instead?
- Why must an HTML page that contains a form that’s being submitted to a PHP script be loaded through a URL?
- What functions can be used to format numerical values? How do you format numbers to a specific number of decimals?
- What is the importance of operator precedence?
- What are the incremental and decremental operators?
- What are the arithmetic assignment operators?
- Look up the PHP manual page for one of the new functions mentioned in this chapter. Use the links on that page to investigate a couple of other number-related functions PHP has.
- Create another HTML form for taking numeric values. Then create the PHP script that receives the form data, performs some calculations, formats the values, and prints the results.